Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Friday Night... And you're getting ready for work

Like a sucker. The best part of being 14 hours ahead of Calgary is that while you're getting ready to put in that long, ardous shift, I'm sitting here sitting here sipping on a glass of wine, listening to a new CD and spewing random sh*t.

The worst part of being 14 hours ahead of Calgary is that Monday comes 14 hours earlier. That isn't cool.

So what does a fella do on a Friday night when he is rolling solo in the bustling metropolis of Beijing you ask? Alright, so you didn't ask, but you're gonna find out anyways as you're the dumb ass subjecting yourself to reading it...

  • I got back from the office at 6:30 (Starting at 9 is like being 14 hours ahead, good when it's what you want and crap when it isn't. Working until 6 on Friday sucks), changed and headed out.
  • I walked down to the Village, Beijing's newest western style shopping mecca. It's a nice 10ish minute walk and when you jam in the i-pod ear phones, it flies. As a side bar there is something surreal about walking around here with Courtney Love screaming in your ears.
  • After a quick nosh at Mickey D's (ah yes, Chicken Mc Nuggets are as glorious here as home. The difference is they aren't as greasy and the only sauce you get with it is this sweet garlic deal), I headed to the movie store and got another 10 movies and 2 CD's.
  • I follow that up with a trip into the world's largest Adidas store. 4 floors of everything you could every want made by Adidas. Yes Mikey, 100's of different pairs of kicks and they have an entire floor of originals that are produced for 1 year and only sold in the 5 stores.
  • Headed home and stopped at 7-11 to pick a bottle of high class merlot (How I love thee Concha Y Toro), the best wine that $6 CDN can get here.
  • After I finish this I am going to watch 2 movies, go to bed and get up.

Yes, it really is exciting as it sounds. I was told that my posts are to long, so I'm gonna wrap this up. Think of it as a teaser, as I have a couple good things to go off about later in the weekend that will give you something to waste time at work (I mean at home, of course, naturally. Who uses company time to read silly blogs. Not this kid. Nope. No way. Not how I roll. Nada. Never.) on Monday.

Random thought of the day:

How do you know when the first person to translate Chinese didn't mess up on a few words? Could it possible that when I am saying thanks in Chinese, I not really saying suck it a-hole? I doubt it, but I'm pretty sure with my horrible pronounciation, I've said something terrible that was just smiled and nodded to while they think I'm a complete douche.

Have fun at work suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment